Modern housewives want their kitchen appliances feature a color that adds beauty to the color scheme of whole kitchen area and also the décor of adjoining rooms. Right appliance color has great role in determining the kitchen size as well as the entire mood. Since appliances are expensive and should last for longer, you have to think wisely and carefully before choosing the kitchen appliance color.
Here we provide you with some tips for choosing right color kitchen appliances for your kitchen.
Determine the style
First, clearly define the style that you want to have in the kitchen. For a comfortable country kitchen, you can choose appliances of neutral colors like beige with lighter cabinetry and soft prints. You can consider black, gray, white or stainless steel color if you want to have a contemporary look for your kitchen.
Consider the kitchen size
Size of the kitchen plays an important role in choosing the right color kitchen appliances. If you have small space for kitchen, then choose light colors like while as it will give an uncluttered look and create a nice visual flow. For larger kitchens, you can choose bolder colors like stainless steel or black. These colors will give a dramatic contract against the bright wall color.
Coordinate appliance colors
Kitchen cabinetry will go well with the color of kitchen appliances only when you bring the appliance colors in order. If your cabinetry features rich word, darker colors like mahogany or cherry, then choose sleek stainless steel kitchen appliances. Go for light color appliances if you have a lighter cabinetry.
Consider the kitchen position
This is one of the important elements having great role in deciding the look of your kitchen. If your kitchen has an open design towards the living or dining area, then choose a color that goes well with the rest of your home décor.
Other important elements you have to keep in mind when choosing kitchen appliance color includes;
- Choose white color appliances for a white kitchen cabinetry to get a contemporary look
- Your kitchen appliances should go well with the cabinetry and countertops.
- If you are in confusion about color, then choose neutral colors and never choose extremes of colors
- If your kitchen is adjoined with the rest of the home, then ensure that the colors of kitchen and appliances are coordinated with the current décor.
- It is good to choose white or neutral color appliances for kitchen if you are planning to sell your home as your prospective buyer might not like lime green.
- Remember, choosing trendy color appliances may date your kitchen interior in the future.
Hence, keep these things in mind when you go for buying kitchen appliances for your own home. If you are an artist or designer, you will add your tastes to the kitchen décor or may renovate the kitchen with your designs in the future. So, ensure that the appliance color will not date your kitchen at any cost.