Eggs are favorite items and are used widely for end number of reasons. Because of the reason these are healthy and do not put a lot of calories to your body, it is the most preferred breakfast food item for adults and kids.
Eggs are the only items that are eatable round the season, hence learning the right way to cook will give you lots of egg dishes to savor.
Boiled eggs are anytime favorite thing that is eaten when hungry. Since, there are major goof-ups seen when boiling the eggs, the majority of the people have left the traditional method of boiling and have turned to microwave.
But to tell you – it is really easy if you can use egg timer instead.
Why You Actually Need An Egg Timer?
It is quite surprising when people especially women are seen discussing that they still have trouble in poaching the egg. Well, there have been a lot of incidents that when the egg put for boil comes out all cracked and mashed in the water. People are not really aware of the timings for how many minutes they should keep it in the boiling water to get a quality boiled egg.
You don’t need high end kitchen gadgets in order to create some celebrity chef food. However, there are some kitchen essential items that every kitchen desires. Amongst the usual grinder, mixer, peeler, shredders you are forgetting to include one item i.e. Egg timer.
To cook well isn’t about getting the type and amount of ingredients right, but it is about the overall cooking time. Some people are born experts in cooking, who doesn’t find it hard to match the frequency with their cooking time – it just clicks right by the instinct.
Whereas other are having hard timing in getting the things right especially when it comes to eggs. Thus they need a color changing egg timer which helps them in boiling the eggs perfectly every time when they are in need.
How Egg Timer Helps?
Now it is easy to hard boil an egg perfectly with the help of egg timer. To cook an egg without a crack and no mess is an art and part of science. Too much heat can ruin your egg and it crack open up the egg leading to good amount of mess in the water. Plus the taste is also spoiled and you are not able to use it for any other preparation.
Using an hard boiled egg timer will give you an accurate estimate of the time to cook your eggs. Whether you are going to eat your eggs boiled or will be using the same for any other preparation, it is pleasure to see that your eggs are intact and perfectly boiled.
How to Use the Egg Timer: Step by Step Instructions
Egg timers are great kitchen devices that help you correctly gauge the cooking time of the egg. Because it is practically impossible to tell how far the egg has been cooked, looking at the shell the egg timer helps you with the same.
Nowadays, these timers are also found in-built in microwaves and these are now widely used to set and measure the required time for cooking other essential items as well.
The Egg-Perfect timer comes with soft, medium and hard indicators on its curved front and a flat surface on the other side which should rest at the bottom of the pan. It absorbs heat just like the eggs and changes color from the outside to inside according to the progress of boiling of the eggs.
This smart device also automatically adjusts to water level in the pan and number of eggs so that perfectly cooked eggs are delivered each time.
Steps to use the egg timer:
You will need a saucepan, ice water bowl and a slotted spoon.
- First place the eggs and the Egg timer in the saucepan at the bottom. The timer must be placed to rest on its flat side.
- Then pour cold water into the saucepan until 1 inch above the eggs and timer.
- Heat the water till it starts to boil, then reduce the heat to a medium-low flame.
- After the eggs have stayed in the hot water for about two minutes, watch the Eggsact egg timer closely. At this point, a dark red ring starting from the outside of the timer starts moving inward.
- When the dark red color reaches up to the desired cooking mark on the Eggsact, take the eggs out of the saucepan with a slotted spoon. It may take about 15 minutes at least for the Eggsact to turn dark red, indicating that the eggs are hard boiled.
- Then move the hot eggs into a bowl of ice water bath for a 15-second chill (after they are out of the saucepan). The cold shock helps stop the cooking process from the heat to avoid boiling the eggs further. Leave the hard boiled eggs in the bowl for two minutes or more for complete cooling and easy peeling.
- Then drain the saucepan and remove the timer. You must wash and clean the timer and let it cool so that it returns to its clear color for next use.
Overall, The egg timer is a brilliant device that keeps a tab on the time required to boil an egg. So if you really love eating boiled eggs, these egg timers are must for you to check out.