Yogurt is one of the meals packed with multiple nutritional benefits. It makes a versatile meal that can be served with berries and nuts for breakfast, added as milk replacement to your bowl of cereal, or eaten as a sauce dipping.
Making yogurt from scratch may feel like a long, tedious process. However, thanks to technology, you can make your delicious yogurt from home. With the help of the best yogurt makers, you will have your homemade creamy yogurt in just a few hours. In addition, you can use the yogurt maker to make other foods such as sour cream and yogurt cheese.
Fresh yogurt made at home has so many health benefits over store-bought yogurt. You can choose the ingredients you want to have in your yogurt and can stay away from sugars and other processed ingredients. Below, we have listed the best yogurt makers and factors you should consider before buying.
1. Euro Cuisine YM80 Yogurt Maker
- Seven – 6oz Glass containers allows for making up to seven different types of Flavors
- Comes with on/off switch and light indicating unit is working. Glass Jars are dishwasher...
- Three-year warranty and BPA Free,Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 9.5 x 6 inches
- Timer on the side marks time when yogurt will be finished cooking. Make up to 42 ounces of...
- For firmer yogurt without boiling just add 10 tablespoons of powdered milk to the room...
The Euro Cuisine yogurt maker has seven 6-oz glass jars that allow you to make up to seven different yogurt flavors at a go. This feature saves you a lot of time, especially when you're making yogurt for people with different choices of flavors. Cleaning the glasses is also easy because they are dishwasher safe.
The YM80 yogurt maker has an on and off switch. In addition, it has a light indicator that lets you know if it is working. Finally, the timer on the side updates you on the progress of your yogurt and beeps when your yogurt is ready to be transferred to cool.
This yogurt maker is user-friendly, especially if it is your first one to purchase. It allows you to throw in your ingredients, set the timer and wait for your homemade yogurt to cook. It is up to you to use boiled or room temperature milk for the process, depending on your desired texture. Additionally, the glass lid is clear to allow you to see the yogurt as it cooks.
The Euro Cuisine yogurt maker is made from BPA-free materials. This serves as an added advantage, especially for people keen on what they put in their bodies.
2. Instant Pot DUO60 7-in-1 Yogurt Maker
- 7-IN-1 APPLIANCES: electric pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker,...
- QUICK ONE-TOUCH COOKING with 13 Smart Touch customizable programs for pressure cooking...
- COOK FAST OR COOK SLOW with pressure cooking up to 70% faster than traditional cooking...
- QUICK AND EASY CLEAN-UP with finger-print resistant, stainless-steel sides and...
- 10 PLUS PROVEN SAFETY FEATURES including overheat protection and safe-locking lid
The Instant Pot Yogurt Maker is a versatile 7-in-1 appliance that serves as a rice cooker, pressure cooker, steamer, saute pan, food warmer and slow cooker. This appliance has a pre-programmed yogurt setting to make the best homemade yogurt for use as a yogurt maker.
In addition, this Instant pot is easy to use. All you have to do is prepare the yogurt starter and add it to the pot together with milk. Next, you press the yogurt button and wait till it cooks. Cleaning the instant pot is easy since the lid, inner pot and accessories are dishwasher safe. The sides of the pot are made of stainless steel, which is easy to clean too.
It is important to note that you can make yogurt with any instant pot pressure cooker. However, not all come with the yogurt function. For example, the Duo60 instant yogurt maker comes in three sizes, 3-quart, 6-quart and 8-quart, to make enough for family consumption.
3. Proctor Silex Regular and Greek Yogurt Maker
- Prepare and store yogurt in the same container: after yogurt is cultured in the included...
- Airtight storage: included plastic container is BPA-free in food zones and has snap-down...
- Digital controls: the convenient digital timer counts down the hours until your yogurt is...
- Easy to use and clean: preparing and storing yogurt in one dishwasher-safe container means...
- Recipes included: Get inspired to create a variety of yogurts with different toppings and...
The Proctor Silex yogurt maker is good for making greek yogurt and regular yogurt. This yogurt-making machine has a container with a capacity of 32 ounces. In addition, this container is refrigerator safe. For this reason, you can transfer your cultured yogurt to the refrigerator in the same container.
This stainless steel yogurt maker has an automatic timer on top of the machine that turns it on and off. Additionally, the timer also helps set the cooking time. An alarm will chirp once the yogurt is done cooking.
The lid and container of the Proctor silex yogurt maker are dishwasher safe. This makes it easy to clean up after use. In addition, the stainless steel body is easy to clean with soap and water. On top of that, the plastic container is BPA-free hence safe to use without being worried about ingesting harsh chemicals.
4. Country Trading Co. Stainless Steel Yogurt Maker
- DON'T WANT ANOTHER BULKY APPLIANCE TO PROGRAM? This non-electric yogurt maker is simple to...
- START WITH THE RECIPES FOR SUCCESS – instead of an instruction manual, you get a 42-page...
- WHAT'S IN YOUR FOOD IS IN YOUR FAMILY – choose natural flavors for your yogurt and make...
- TAILOR NUTRITION TO REACH YOUR GOALS - can't find the yogurt you need to personalize your...
- BE PART OF THE PLASTIC SOLUTION – save money and the planet - remove yogurt pouches and...
The Country Trading Co makes the perfect non-electric yogurt maker. It is easy to use and all you have to do is pour your ingredients into the glass jar and leave it inside the yogurt flask overnight to ferment. The yogurt maker is also compact and does not occupy much space on the countertop.
The flask is made of stainless steel hence making it durable. In addition, the yogurt maker comes with a one-quart glass jar with a food-grade stainless steel lid. There is also a 42-page yogurt-making book with recipes for dairy-based and plant-based yogurt.
5. Dash Bulk Yogurt Machine Maker
- HEALTHIER: Dash Bulk Yogurt Maker Machine lets you make healthier, homemade yogurt right...
- COMPACT + LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing about 1lb, this is a must-have for that first apartment,...
- QUICK + EASY: Set it and forget it! Prep time takes just 10 minutes (add milk, yogurt...
- PERFECT GIFT: The perfect wedding or new home gift. Its small size takes up little counter...
- INCLUDES: Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty, the 20-watt Dash Bulk Yogurt Maker,...
Dash greek yogurt maker is compact and lightweight. For this reason, it is suitable for smaller spaces such as a dorm room. In addition, all the parts of the maker are screwed together and fit the base. This compact design enables the yogurt machine to take up less space in your kitchen.
The capacity of the dash yogurt maker is 2-quarts. However, you can only make one flavor at a go. In addition, this yogurt maker has a good aesthetic display and hidden cord storage to keep the plugs out of sight.
This greek yogurt maker allows you to make healthy homemade yogurt in your style, all from the comfort of your home. The plastic containers included in the package are BPA-free to ensure that you're not consuming any harmful chemicals. Additionally, included in the package is a recipe book to help you learn different greek yogurt recipes.
Factors To Consider Before Buying Yogurt Makers
1. Ease of Cleaning
You have to wash your yogurt maker once the process is done. As such, you want to invest in a yogurt maker that is easy to clean. On the other hand, dealing with a difficult-to-clean yogurt maker is stressful since the yogurt crumbs stick everywhere.
Nowadays, many manufacturers make yogurt makers that are dishwasher safe, or at least some of the components are. This feature saves you time and energy. In addition, some manufacturers add an extra feature to help minimize the mess after the yogurt is done fermenting.
The size of the yogurt maker to purchase is highly determined by the amount of yogurt you consume. For example, a family of 4-6 members will prefer to buy a yogurt maker with a 3-8 quartz capacity. However, if you are not frequently consuming yogurt, a smaller machine size would be best.
The size of the yogurt maker also determines how much counter space it will take up. So if you are not a fan of bulky kitchen appliances, a smaller-sized yogurt maker would suit you best.
Some yogurt makers are primarily for that specific purpose, while others are multifunctional. For example, some instant pots can make yogurt and be used as slow cookers, rice cookers and other foods. If you are keen on the number of kitchen appliances on your countertop, you might consider purchasing a versatile yogurt maker.
4.Regular or Greek Yogurt
Deciding which yogurt maker to buy can be influenced by the type of yogurt you intend on making. For example, greek yogurt is sour and scientifically proven to be healthier than regular yogurt. Some yogurt makers only make regular yogurt, while others make only greek yogurt. If you prefer either type, it is best to buy a yogurt maker that suits your needs. Alternatively, you may consider investing in the best yogurt maker to make either type a good option.
The type of containers that come with the yogurt maker is important to consider. Some yogurt makers have glass jars while others have plastic containers. Glass jars preserve the yogurt longer than plastic containers. However, they are more difficult to clean.
On the other hand, plastic containers are easier to clean. However, if you are keen on the types of plastic you use in your home, it is worthwhile to check if the containers are BPA-free.
The features incorporated in a yogurt maker are also key to consider. As such, the auto shut-off function is one of those features. This function allows you to leave your maker since it will automatically shut off when the fermentation process is completed. Therefore, if you are a busy person or make yogurt during the night, this function becomes very convenient for you. In addition, some yogurt makers need to be manually switched off, or the yogurt will burn otherwise.
The timer on your yogurt maker helps you determine how long the yogurt-making process will take. Some timers will automatically go off after twelve hours. However, other timers allow you to set your preferred duration.
An adjustable temperature gauge is yet another important feature to look out for. However, most home yogurt machines have a preset temperature range that is ideal for various yogurt types. The consistency and thickness of your yogurt depend a lot on the temperature.
Making different flavored yogurts may be a priority to you, especially if you are hosting guests. For this reason, you may consider purchasing a yogurt maker that uses jars to make yogurt. This way, you can put different flavors in each jar.
Other yogurt machines have one container, allowing you to make only one yogurt flavor at a go. To work around this, you can opt to make vanilla-flavored yogurt and have your guests add toppings of their choice.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) on Yogurt Makers
1. What Are The Best Yogurt Makers?
Ideally, the choice of yogurt maker depends on your needs and preferences. However, from our list, the Euro Cuisine YM80 has stood out as the best yogurt maker. This yogurt machine allows you to make different flavors at a go and is not bulky.
2. Is A yogurt Maker Worth It?
Investing in the best yogurt maker is definitely worth your money, especially if you are a frequent consumer. When making yogurt at home, you have the option to customize the flavors that you use to your desired taste. In addition, you can also make the yogurt in bulk and a variety of flavors and store them in your fridge. This saves you time and also helps keep the environment safe by reducing plastic waste.